Saturday, July 18, 2009

Posts removed from WHA's forum regarding PPPs

These two posts were written by a fellow forum member, who was subsequently removed from the list. I am posting them here so that others may see them.

under the heading
Whatcom County PPPs

I'm looking for a list of contact names for the local PPP programs. I realize I can get most of that info from this webpage:

https://www. wingsnw.com/

If you review that list and don't see your school on there please reply to me, privately if you wish, with that info so that I can start on this project.

I'd like to put together a website that has all of this info in one place. Occasionally I get emails from people inquiring about all of the PPPs in the area. I'd like to be able to direct them to this website. I'd also like to make it a non-biased place where we can educate the general public on the misconceptions that overshadow these programs and address FAQs that people have regarding these programs. Perhaps if we can educate enough people we can diminish the animosity that some people have.



More info on PPPs
I've had several people email me the past few days wanting more info on PPPs in the area. Some are moving here from out of state. Others live out in the county and don't want to travel into Bellingham. ALL of them are fearful of posting a question on this group for fear of getting jumped on, etc. That's pretty sad. :( I'm glad they feel welcome to email me privately though. Feel free to keep doing so. :)

Anyway, I've been swamped with questions about how these programs run, etc. which is why I was thinking of creating a web page. However, I found that Lynden and Meridian have beautiful websites that give a pretty good idea on how these programs function in our local community. Feel free to check them out:

http://www.lynden. wednet.edu/ lll/site/ default.asp

http://www.meridian .wednet.edu/ mp3/

Read their handbooks, etc., and you'll get a pretty good idea on how things go.

I really don't mind if you keep emailing me privately, but I just thought I'd share some resources I found that will answer a lot of these questions. :)

Again, let me know if there's anything else I can help you with or if you have any further specific questions I can help with. If anyone knows of any other great websites to help these folks please share.

Also, there is a sister Yahoogroup some may wish to join. It's a little more relaxed (Okay, a LOT more relaxed) and supportive than this group here. Families are offering popcorn/movie nights, etc. over there. I'd suggest you join that group and feel free to pull up a chair and enjoy some of that great Ethiopian coffee over there. *waves to Dana* Here's the location:

http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/bellingham -homeschool- community/

There are some great, friendly people over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment